FESTIVE SEASON = LOTS OF SPARKLE & OF COURSE “RODEO SHOW”
Photos by Andrew Le
Autumn is my absolute favourite season of the year. I like to think of it as a fresh start and build myself a go-to wardrobe that has everything I need for the colder months to come. Please go easy on my words, I certainly don’t mean to throw out everything you own but more to consider what basic items you need to invest in for this autumn and winter season. I usually go through my wardrobe thoroughly at least 4-6 times per year. I look for black holes and gaps that might need to be filled, such as the perfect black patent loafers or a maybe a crisp white shirt. When entering autumn it is all about the basics and major items that you can style any outfit with. Ones you have figured out what you need to invest in – Plan your attack.
For example, write down a list of what you are missing in your wardrobe and where you will go to find what you are looking for. Then point out your priorities and stick to it, and if you are still missing anything form your list next month then that will be your new priority.
My suggestion?? Definitely look somewhere that offers you something simple and unique but still festive. Autumn really calls for something a little extra when you go for dinners and parties. Labels like Rodeo Show has that niche and can always offer something contemporary, stylish and feminine.
So what should be on your autumn checklist? Here is what I think:
- The black coat/cape is always a good idea. The cooler months calls for something warm to throw on when going out and you mind as well do it with style, Like this “Rodeo Show” Cape coat I am wearing in these photos above.
- Something sparkly? Anything to brighten up in the autumn darkness. My personal favourite is golden glittery pants, have you noticed?
- The new strong trouser silhouettes: cropped and flared, Perfect!
- If you haven’t already got a classic black blazer in your wardrobe, make space and get one immediately!
- Classic white and black tops with a little twist? Sleeves with a wide flare has been trending for quit a while now, I know but it is coming in strong this autumn as well. It always dresses up an otherwise dull outfit.
- Classic pumps and a pair of funky and unique heels/boots, so that you have options for any outfit.
- And of course, no outfit is really complete without the perfect bag, and some flattering jewellery. This season is all about the circle shapes. I personally love bigger circle earnings and maybe some simple rings to match.
Black Hazel Cape from Rodeo Show
Golden sequins pants from H&M
Fringed Heels from Nine West
Black Top with flare sleeves from ZARA